Nowadays these two terms are differently used by web companies for elaborating services they are providing. These two terms have different aspects and skill sets related to these two terms. Have a look and differentiate between these two terms:
In web designing, designers built a whole library of strategic ideas starting with scope and purpose of the website. After that making illusions of designs make a head start with a skeleton of the design. From the wireframes, designers move further towards the final outlook of the website design.
Skill set of good Web designer:
- Tools like Adobe Photoshop, Sketch or Framer used for building final layout of the website
- Good graphic and logo design skills
- He/she must keep themselves up to date with latest design trends
- Must use an appropriate design approach for user experience for getting required results.
- Keeping branding of the website, use color palettes, writing styles and readability of the website wisely
- Build actual interface using HTML, CSS AND JS languages
- Both front and back end developer can use the same developments or IDEs for building the website structure
- You can also use versioning tools to keep the track of the history of previous builds.
By considering the above factors, any person can differentiate between the web designing and web development service of any web company services.